Number of foreign students: 383
Date of foundation: 1816
South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky was established as Pedagogical Institute at Richelieu Lyceum in Odesa on 2 May, 1817. Since that time, its name has been changed several times (Teacher’s Institute, Institute of Public Education, Odesa State Pedagogical Institute named after K. D. Ushynsky, South Ukrainian State Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky, South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky); it has been liquidated and reestablished. Before 1941, the University was one of the biggest in Odesa in terms of the amount of students and the leading one in the USSR in terms of quality of teachers training. During the World War II, it was the only pedagogical educational institution that was relocated to Turkmenistan by the Resolution of the Government and continued its work there. Currently, the University is a flagship teachers training university of the southern region of Ukraine with 17 acknowledged scholar schools, 62 specialties for undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral training programmes at 10 faculties, 4 divisions and one institute. Within the period of its existence, more than 100,000 students have graduated from the University and have been employed at the educational institutions of Ukraine; more than 30 graduates have worked abroad.