Number of foreign students: 126
Date of foundation: 1865
The National University “Odessa Academy of Law” is the successor to the rich traditions of Odessa school of law, the history of which is enrooted back to the year of 1847 (the time of the foundation of the law faculty of the Richelieu lyceum – the first higher educational institution in Odessa). In 1865, the law faculty became part of the Imperial Novorossiysk University. In 1997, the year which marked 150 years of legal science and education in Odessa, the Law Institute of Odessa State University was transformed into Odessa State Academy of Law. And one year later, the university acquired membership at European University Association; in 2000, the Academy was granted the status of a national higher educational institution.