Foreigners come to Ukraine not only for tasty kitchen, beautiful women and authentic culture, but also for higher education, which here is much cheaper than in other European countries. At the same time the quality of teaching is not interior to the leading ones. So why the decision to get education in Ukraine is a right choice?
Main reasons to study in Ukraine
The reasons why foreigners give up their habitable places and choose the life in Ukraine and studying in a young state are following:
- Ukrainian universities are ranked among the best universities in the world, for example, The National technical university of Ukraine – Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute took the 551 place.
- The education in Ukraine is much cheaper than in other countries of Europe, and diplomas of Ukrainian universities are recognized in Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Estonia,Turkey as well as in China and Vietnam.
- The language barrier will not become an obstacle, because universities that accept foreign students often have preparatory courses (usually one academic year), but, for example, top medical universities offer for their students to study medicine in English.
- Foreign students receive a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
- Cost of living in Ukraine for international students is low, they regularly receive discounts for using a public transport and for visiting different cultural events and organizations.
- Most of Ukrainian universities have international exchange programs. They are an ideal solution for those who want to know a culture of another country, make new friends and compare the Ukrainian educational process with a national one.
- There are a lot of universities in Ukraine with low tuition fees what makes higher education available for many foreigners.
- Study in Ukraine for international students is also tempting because of a possibility to perform a postgraduate study.
Most popular universities in Ukraine among foreign students
Foreigners are sure that studying in Ukrainian universities is the equivalent of a cheap Harvard. At the moment, more than 62 thousand foreign students get a higher education in Ukrainian universities. Most of them are Azerbaijanis, Chinese and Turkmens. But there are also a lot of Indian students who study in Kiev universities, and many others to receive a mbbs admission in Ukraine and return to their countries for working as a qualified doctor.
Higher education in Ukraine for foreigners is available only in universities with the highest degree of accreditation and a special license. Among them there is a VN Karazin Kharkiv National University, situated in one of the biggest cities in Ukraine- Kharkiv. It should be noted that foreigners try to choose universities in large cities with developed infrastructure and rich cultural life, for example Kharkiv university, or Odessa university.
The other popular educational structure among foreigners is Sumy state university, that offers various advantages in studying process for students from the other countries. Ivan Franko national Lviv university is also one of the leading places of study of foreigners.
As you see, Ukraine universities’ tuition fees are lower than in any other European country. For example, higher education at Harvard starts from 40 thousands of dollars, in Oxford – 15 thousands, and in the most prestigious university in Ukraine, Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, one year of studying costs only 1,500 dollars. Studying in Ukraine is a European quality at a reasonable price.