Total number of students: 3 000
Number of foreign students: 12
Date of foundation: 1973
Why the Heroes of Chornobyl Institute of Fire Safety
– Modern education of the European level;
– Students are provided with comfortable living conditions in a modern hostel;
– A convenient traffic intersection of Cherkassy – 160 km to the international airport Boryspol and 20 km to a hub railway station named after Taras Shevchenko;
– There is an airport that can receive charter flights in Cherkassy;
– The opportunity to join the glorious traditions of the institution, which has educated two Heroes of the Soviet Union – Vladimir Pravik and Victor Kibenok;
– Studying in classrooms equipped according to modern technologies;
– Possibility of practicing sports in one of the best sports and recreation complexes.
Educational and scientific base of the institute is one of the best in the country. Modern information technologies are used in studying process. That makes studying more interesting and improves the quality of knowledge acquired.
The Institute conducts training of specialists of Fire Safety, Civil Defense, Psychology, Ecology, Law, Labour Protection for the Ministry of Emergency Situations units and other ministries, departments and services, private organizations that deal with security in all its spheres.
All graduates receive a state diploma with diploma supplement.
Forms of study: full-time and part-time.
The Institute consists of 3 faculties, postgraduate and distance learning departments. There is a specialized scientific council for the defense of Ph.D. thesis, specialty 21.06.02 – Fire Safety.
Educational institution has a powerful scientific and pedagogical potential well-developed material and technical base, which allows the Institute to evolve constantly in accordance with the requirements of time. All conditions are created to obtain high-quality European education – modern classrooms and computer labs are prepared for studying; cadets and students (young men and women) have access to an electronic library and can use a spacious reading room.
An important component is the practical training, including participation in international exercises together with the delegations of specialized educational institutions of European countries.
The Institute has a significant European experience due to the close cooperation with the fire and rescue services and educational institutions of the EU and the CIS. In 2016 the Institute joined European Fire Service Colleges’ Association (EFSCA).
Particular attention of the Institute is paid to the development of sport and leisure issues. One of the best sport complexes in Ukraine is at the disposal of students of the Institute. Over 20 kinds of sport are cultivated in the institute. 5 Honored Masters of Sports, 22 Masters of Sports of international class, over 200 Masters of Sports of Ukraine, more than 300 Candidates for Master of Sports, the participants and prize-winners of the Olympic Games, over 10 World and Europe champions were trained in our educational establishment. Our cadets and students realize their creative abilities in numerous amateur clubs and well known in Ukraine KVN team “Backdraft.”