Total number of students: 14 000
Number of foreign students: 107
Date of foundation: 1959
Zaporizhia State Engineering Academy was founded in 1959 by the Ministry of Higher Education of USSR as the evening faculty of Dnepropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute. Since 1965 it was a branch of DmetI and since 1976 it became Zaporizhia Industrial Institute. Under the leadership of M. Potebnya from a provincial university it became one of the most prominent and fast developing universities not only in Ukraine but in the whole Soviet Union.